Grandma Sawyer 2nd movie appearance (any other TCM props land in other movies?)

During one scene in The Howling, two nuns enter a bookstore. Not just any bookstore mind, this bookstore just so happens to belong to a man named Walter Paisley, and aside from books, Walter has a thing for collecting occult items.

Seemingly the centerpiece of Walter’s collection of cursed objects is the mummified corpse of Grandma Sawyer from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Nobody in the film actually refers to this by corpse by its name, or even draws attention to the fact that it may or may not have come from Texas, but it’s absolutely the same corpse from that film.

In reality, the reason why the corpse is used in the film is that both films shared the same art director, Robert A. Burns. Burns has gone on record stating that he re-used several props from Texas Chainsaw Massacre during the shoot for The Howling.

4 Likes

Damn how have I never noticed that before!!!

3 Likes

Haha I heard that man, glad to have pointed it out, tbh tho hardly anybody knows this I’ve noticed overtime, so good info for saw fans.

3 Likes

I remember seeing this last time I watched The Howling and it blowing my mind. Not often you see Grandma just hanging out in another movie!

3 Likes

i was aware of this, but completely forgot about it, so great job posting this great piece of info!

btw, grandman also appeared in the movie Bob and Rondo, well its more of a documentary, but here is a clip of her in it!

also here is a fun photo of her in Ed Neal’s poster Warehouse

2 Likes

Heck no that’s for damn sure.

1 Like

I absolutely loved Rondo and Bob I’ve watched that 3 times lol love it.

1 Like

i have to admit that i havent seen it yet, for some reason, amazon thinks bad things would happen if a brazilian saw it, so they blocked it here lmao

1 Like

dude holy fuck great find. damn! i gotta check this out now

2 Likes

Hell yeah you do bro, no doubts about it.

2 Likes

Check it out when you get a chance brother.

2 Likes